Stem Cell Therapy San Diego
Most Advanced Products Available
Feel Great Again Without Surgery
Treatments Specific To Your Needs
Fontaine MD Regenerative Medicine Services
Regenerative medicine involves replacing or regenerating human cells and tissues to restore function to injured, degenerative or otherwise non-functioning cells and tissue. Dr. Fontaine has over 25 years of experience diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal injuries. He combines an accurate diagnosis with the most state-of-the-art products available to provide you with the best regenerative medicine and stem cell treatment available in San Diego.
Stem Cell Therapy Q & A
Stem cells are cells that your body uses to repair injured tissue. These cells have the capability to turn into any type of cell such as muscle, tendon, ligament, bone, skin, etc. Stem cells also contain the ability to signal other healing cells and proteins to come to the site of injury. Stem cells are an integral part of the healing cascade. They are normally present in all parts of our body, but as we age our stem cells age as well and become less effective.
- All Natural – Promotes Rebuilding Your Own Healthy Tissue
- Minimally Invasive
- Significant Pain Reduction
- Minimal To No Downtime
- An Alternative To More Invasive Surgery
- Safe – Fewer Side Effects Than Steroid Injections or Surgery
Orthopedic Injuries and Degeneration, Degenerative Joint Arthritis, Erectile Dysfunction, Anti-Aging
Stem cell therapy offers an alternative to surgery for conditions such as tendon tears, ligament tears, and arthritis. The goal of stem cell therapy is to help tissue heal and regenerate, not just provide temporary relief. The treatment protocols used by Dr. Fontaine reduce inflammation and stimulate tissue regeneration for optimal healing.
- Knee pain from arthritis, ligament injuries, and more
- Hip pain from arthritis, ligament injuries, and more
- Shoulder pain from arthritis, rotator cuff tears, ligament injuries and more
- Hand and wrist pain from arthritis
- Ankle and foot pain from arthritis
- Tendon injuries
- Pain at the outside of the elbow - " Tennis elbow " (lateral epicondylitis)
- Pain at the inside of the elbow - " Golfer’s elbow " (medial epicondylitis)
- Rotator cuff degeneration and partial tears
- Achilles tendon degeneration or partial tear
- Hip tendonitis including hip abductor tendonitis or “trochanteric bursitis”
- Patellar tendon degeneration or partial tear
- Ligament injuries
- Ulnar collateral ligament in the elbow (common pitching injury)
- Knee – ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is very common affecting as many as 30 million men and can have a significant impact on male vitality by causing stress, relationship strain and low self-confidence. The main symptom is a man’s inability to get or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual satisfaction for both partners.
Our stem cell therapy is a regenerative therapy that the treats the damaged penile tissue that does not perform properly. The treatment is designed to provide long lasting improvement in sexual performance.
- Longer and firmer erections
- Increased sexual stamina
- Increased penile sensation
- Increased penis size
- Increased libido
Dr. Fontaine offers 3 different types of Stem Cell Therapy, depending on your individual needs.
- State-Of-The-Art Stem Cells from Umbilical Cord Tissue
- Least invasive -no procedure is required to obtain the cells
- Have the advantage of being from a young and healthy source
- Not “embryonic” tissue
- Contain mesenchymal stem cells and lots of cytokines, growth factors and other proteins essential for healing
- Bone Marrow Aspirate
- Bone marrow contains a high number of regenerative cells, growth factors and proteins to aid in tissue healing.
- Ultrasound guidance is used to aspirate bone marrow from the back of the hip in a minimally invasive procedure done in the office with local anesthesia
- The concentrated bone marrow aspirate is often mixed with platelet rich plasma (PRP) to add growth factors and other healing proteins
- Adipose-derived Stem Cells
- Adipose tissue (fat) is aspirated from the abdomen or waist using a minimally invasive procedure done in the office with local anesthesia
- Adipose tissue contains a high number of stem cells
- The concentrated adipose tissue is often mixed with platelet rich plasma (PRP) to add growth factors and other healing proteins
The procedures are done in the office with local anesthesia. They are minimally invasive and generally very well tolerated.
Very little. You will be advised to take it easy and not strain the injected area for 1-2 weeks after the procedure but will be able to carry on basic activities of daily living.
Recovery time varies between patients, but in general you will start to feel better in 2-8 weeks after the injection, but the healing process continues for months after a stem cell injection.
*Individual results may vary.
“My mother and I had the great pleasure of meeting the most honest and honorable Dr. Fontaine. My mother came to Dr. Fontaine after being referred to him by her good friend who also was a patient of his. She was suffering from severe arthritis in both of her knees and basically had bone on bone in both knees. Her good friend had a great experience with Dr. Fontaine so she decided to give him a try. From the first day we met him, we could tell he truly cared and wanted to help. My mother first received the PRP treatment in both of her knees. After a few months, one of her knees was much better and the other didn’t respond as well. At that point, Dr. Fontaine recommended that we try the stem cell treatment on the knee that didn’t respond to PRP. Within just a couple of months, that knee felt great. My mother has regained her mobility and feels like herself again. As a woman in her 70’s, she is now able to walk normal again, go up and down stairs easily again, and she gets to wear her favorite high heeled shoes. We highly recommend Dr. Fontaine”.